After over 100 years of publication, the Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps is becoming BMJ Military Health
What does this mean?
- You will now need to set up a subscription to continue receiving our content
- The journal will continue to be published bi-monnthly (6 times a year) online and in print
- BMJ Military Health will continue to cover the very latest content in military medicine
- Take advantage of an exclusive 50% discount on subscription fees (RAMC, the Army Medical Service, Navy Medical service and Royal Airforce Medical service members only)
- Continue to access high-quality research, reviews and case reports, pertaining to the practice of military medicine
- Stay up-to-date with current knowledge and expertise within the military medical field
Aims and scope
BMJ Military Health is the home of research, reviews and commentary on the key issues in military health from around the globe. Lessons learned from more than a century’s conflicts are supplemented by up to the minute evidence from current practitioners the world over.
BMJ Military Health is owned by BMJ.
|Publication Model||Subscription; with hybrid open access option|
|Frequency||6 issues per year|
|Launch date||1903 as Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps; 2020 as BMJ Military Health|
|Indexed by||Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index Extended, MEDLINE (Index Medicus), PubMed Central, Scopus, Embase (Excerpta Medica), Google Scholar|
|Peer Review Model||Double blind; both the reviewer and the author are anonymous to each other|
Journal statistics (2019 as JRAMC)
|Time from Submission to First Decision||19 days|
|Time from Acceptance to Publication (online)||26 days|
Rights and permissions
BMJ is a founding organisation of the AllTrials initiative, which calls for all past and present clinical trials to be registered and their results reported.
BMJ is a founding member of COPE (the Committee on Publication Ethics), which provides a forum for publishers and Editors of scientific journals to discuss issues relating to the integrity of the work submitted to or published in their journals.